Having plants and trees around a home can be a very relaxing sight and no doubt improves its overall aesthetic. A well maintained landscape not only transforms the mood in your home but also boosts its resale value.Seeing elements of nature about is especially stress-relieving, too, particularly in urban areas.
Here are 10 important guidelines that you should follow to begin your plant and tree installation.
- Carefully choose the kind of soil that you are going to use for your plants. Expert gardeners highly recommend using only organic soil and fertilizers (and if you’re going to use insecticides, use only the environment-friendly variants). These will help your plants grow to their peak levels.
- Maximize your planting space. An efficient strategy would be layering, with the smallest being the front liners, the medium-sized being at the center, and the tallest at the back. With the proper choice and arrangement of the plants, this bunch will be the star of your garden.
- Decide on your seeds. What do you want to see in your garden? What can you realistically grow given your climate?
- Have the necessary supplements that your plants need to grow healthily and quickly.
- Always plant according to schedule. For beginners, take note of the instructions that come with your seeds. Better yet, consult a professional so you’re sure none is wasted. You have tocarefully monitortheir flowering time and growth period. This way, you can plant on schedule and harvest at your desired time.
- Good light source. “Photosythesis” is the process by which a plant converts the energy it receives from sunlight into food it needs to survive. Thus, you must position your plants according to how much exposure they need, if any. If you intend to plant indoors for starters, be sure to give them sun time daily.
- Good ventilation. When planting indoors, be sure that there is proper ventilation to allow you and your budding plants to breathe. Plants do not have their own lungs, so your help is crucial.
- A comfortable temperature. Most garden plants are sensitive to changes in temperature, so be sure to grow only those varieties that are well suited for the climate where you are located. You can regulate how warm or cold a room can be if you’re growing it indoors, so make sure the ideal temperature is maintained until they can grow independently.
- Water them early in the morning or late in the night, so that the temperature won’t be too hot and the water won’t evaporate quickly. Provide a spray bottle that contains clean water. Spraying on your plants also helps them retain moisture.
- If you want to use planters, do not fill the whole planter with soil. This will just make it heavier and it will become more difficult for the roots to move. Instead, try including alternative “space consumers” or fillers first before putting the soil in. An example is plastic bottles, but if you’re going to use this to consume space, make sure to keep the lids on.
Beautifying Your Garden or Yard
A garden is already beautiful in its simplest form, but there are many more ways to make look nicer and more presentable. You can get plant & tree installation services to add value to your property and increase its curb appeal. Have professional landscapers assess your area if you’re not entirely sure what to do with it, or you can tell them what you want done to turn your home into the dream house you’ve always wanted.